Thursday, June 07, 2007

Invincible

You always think that you are invincible - well I always think so. Never had a cold or flu in the last year and a half where as everyone else at work has had at least 8 episodes during this period.

And when sore breasts always come about it's normally put down to the time of the month - until last week. Last Thursday night, me, the one that never gets headaches or migraines got a really bad migraine in front of the comp whilst working late one night. When I got home it was so bad that I borrow 1g painkiller tablets from my flatmate. When I got to bed, I felt a hard rock in my right breast. Not only was it so sore, but the whole right side of my right breast was rock solid - I could feel a solid lump lead from my armpit to my nipple.

The next morning I called the doctor but couldn't get an appointment until the Thurs. So I got home, the breast was worse and was so hot to touch. Went to my boyfriends to help him move house - had four beers and woke up the next morning to a still rock solid breast, a thumping headache and, when I got to the shower, a hugh rash had developed over my right breast where the lump occurred.

On Monday, I phoned the doctor and managed to get an emergency appointment. Turns out I had a breast infection where, because I was working so hard, my body was getting worn down and my immune system became slightly ill. I had developed a either a cyst or had a blocked duct - either way I was prescribed antibiotics and told to come back in a weeks time.

Three days have gone past and my breast is not as swollen as it was and all the hard bits have gone away but there is still a lump there the size of a peanut within it's shell. I'nm hoping give anther three days and it will disappear. The doctor put me at ease however I am quite worried as I read on the internet that a breast infection (mastistis) can occur due to a cancerious or beign tumour developing. So here's hoping this is not the cause.

No comments: